September is the amazing time when golden autumn is intertwined with Indian summer. In St. Petersburg you can still enjoy seasonal entertainment, but at the same time you can already observe the autumn charm of nature. Visit Petersburg wishes you wonderful time in St. Petersburg and traditionally offers to use our small check-list for September to plan your trip.
What to take with you:
- a light jacket (the weather in Saint Petersburg can change rapidly)
- waterproof boots
- an umbrella or a raincoat
- a thermos
- good mood
What is worth to taste:
- pumpkin soup
- coffee with your portrait on the cup in “Sokol Coffee”
- pyshki (local doughnuts) with a cup of coffee (the most tasty ones you can find on Bolshaya Konyushennaya st., 25 or on Sadovaya st., 32)
- a berry, rich in vitamin C - cranberry
- puffs in legendary Pirozhkovaya on Moskovskiy prospekt, 192 (that works since 1956)
- dishes with season forest mushrooms
What is interesting to do:
- Rethink the legacy of Muran glass in contemporary art at the exhibition “Glasstress. Window into the future” in the General Staff Building, that will unite 50 modern artists (September 11 - October 31).
- Plunge into the world of modern art at the personal exhibition of Russian art group Recycle - project New Nature in Manege (till September 15).
- Take part in the historical festival “The Fight on Neva” September 18-19. There will be spear running stylied for XV cent., craftsmen fair, medieval music and many other things and events.
- Make bright photos in Street-art Museum.
- See the painting of Raphael Santi “La belle jardinière”: Madonna and Child with St John the Baptist from Musée du Louvre in Hermitage (till September 19).
- See the exhibition “Andy Warhol and Russian art” in Sevcable Port (till September 19).
- Admire Russian Impressionism at the exhibition “Igor Grabar. For the 150th Anniversary of the Artist's Birth” in Russian Museum (till September 20).
- Take part in a social event related to the World Tourism Day “Hospitable St. Petersburg” September 21-28, organized by St. Petersburg Committee for Tourism Development.
- Visit City Tourist Information Office and buy some official tourist merch: masks, shoppers, fanny packs, cosmetic bags, scarfs, shawls, T-shirts.
What to bring home with you:
- souvenirs with masterpieces’ of art images from the Hermitage shop
- an elegant present from the Imperial Porcelain Manufactory
- a watch produced by well-known in Russia factory “Raketa”
- acrylic paint «Colors of St. Petersburg» by art market Krasniy Karandash (the Red Pen)
- bright impressions and plans to return to Saint Petersburg as a must!
Download PDF version of the check-list here.