St. Mary Icon Cathedral ''Joy of All Who Sorrow"' in Shpalernaya Street
Initially the Home Voskresenskaya Church was built on this place in 1711 for Tzarevna (Princess) Natalia. It was renovated in 1817-1818 by Luigi Ruska. One-altar church of the late Russian classisism looks like a rotonda encased in rectangular stone case. The round hall-rotonda of the Resurrection Church was decorated with 24 white marble columns. The cube of the building is topped by a cupola on the low cylinder, 19 meters in diameter. The main northern facade of the building is decorated with a six-column ionian portico.
Concerts, exhibitions, interesting facts and events of the city. Ask questions and get answers in our groups: