The theatre was opened on October, 18, 1942 as the City Theatre. In autumn 1944 it was renamed into Leningrad Drama Theater. On this stage Alisa Freindlich, Igor Dmitriev started their creative career, young and yet unknown dramatists Daniil Granin and Alexander Galich represented their plays. In 1959 it was named after Vera Komissarzhevskaya.
Concerts, exhibitions, interesting facts and events of the city. Ask questions and get answers in our groups: