On January 12,1899 the first telephone connection between St. Petersburg and Moscow was officially opened
The first long-distance telephone connection in Russia at the time of establishing was the longest one in Erurope — about 660 km. The Terms and Conditions stated that the line was intended for public service, and every citizen in Moscow could call anyone in St. Petersburg, and vice versa. Special stations were installed in both cities. The fee was set for one call with 3 minutes as a time unit. The call could be ordered for 2 and 3 unites (that is, 6 or 9 minutes).
- Address: St. Petersburg, Pochtamtskaya ul, 7