On January 15, 1930 the first automatic semaphore in Saint Petersburg was installed.
The first automatic semaphore in the city for the traffic regulatios was installed on the intersection of Nevsky and Liteiny prospects (the pr. of October 25 and Volodarsky pr. by the time, respectively) in the city centre. This semaphore was the first one for USSR as well. Initially the places for the red and green colours were switched, until USSR joined the Convention on Road Traffic in 1959.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Nevsky Prospect