On February 18, 1865 the first traditional «noon» cannon-shot was made from a cannon near the Admiralty
This cannon-shot was supposedly the first of a kind for the city. The time-signal was transmitted from the The Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory through the telegraph service. Later the cannon was transported to the Peter and Paul Fortress, and the cannon-shot is performed from Naryshkin bastion ever since.
- Address: Saint Petersburg, Admiralteysky proezd, 1