On April 12, 1712 the Summer Palace was opened
The Summer Palace was built in baroque style by Domenico Trezzini. It is one of the oldest buidings in the city. The Palace is quite simple and only includes 2 floors with 14 rooms and 2 kitchens. The residence was meant to be used mostly in summer, from May till November, therefore the walls are rather thin and the window frames are not doubled.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Letniy Sad, lit А