We are glad to invite professional and amateur choreographers and performers to the World Congress CID - UNESCO on Dance Research to be held in Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 25-29 April 2018
The main goals of the Congress:
- dialogue and creation of new forms of cooperation for the unification of representatives of the world dance and music culture, art therapy;
- dialogue of experts on the safeguarding of the intangible cultural heritage.
Aims of the Congress:
- provide an opportunity for national cultures to present authentic ethnic dance forms that require protection and preservation;
- provide an opportunity for ballet experts to discuss the question of classical ballet as a universal supranational form of choreography, which claims to be included in the representative list of UNESCO's intangible cultural heritage;
- provide an opportunity for specialists in the field of music and choreography, dance and music therapy to demonstrate their level of excellence, share research and methods, summarize advanced pedagogical experience and exchange scientific information in the field of pedagogy, psychology of dance art and art therapy.
The program of the Congress includes:
- Scientific and practical conference "Preservation of the intangible cultural heritage in the music and dance art";
- Scientific and Practical Conference "Dialogue of the Past, Present and Future in the Art World";
- Meeting of the CID Expert Council on the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage;
- Lectures, master classes, video presentations;
Events dedicated to World Dance Day:
- Educational project - Ball "Petrovsky Heritage" 24.04.2018;
- Festival of Choreographic Art "Heritage" 27.04.2018;
- Gala-concert with participation of Russian and international participants of the Congress 27.04.2018
- Festive event "Ship of Dance" (Dance Ark) 29.04.2018 Among the participants there are art historians, culturologists, choreographers, choreographers and teachers - tutors, specialists in dance and music therapy, performers of all styles, directions and forms of dance.
Within the framework of the Congress there will be a student section at the Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia open to art students. Representatives of Armenia, Belarus, Belgium, Brazil, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Kazakhstan, Cyprus, Mexico, Netherlands, Oman, Panama, Portugal, Russia, Serbia, USA, Finland, France, Croatia will take part in the Congress.
Within the framework of the official ceremonies of the Congress, CID will be presented with memorable exclusive medals for special merits in international activities in the field of culture and art. As a result of the Congress, a resolution will be adopted, and a collection of scientific articles will be published. The Congress is organized in accordance with the principles of the United Nations and UNESCO. Such events are important for strengthening peacekeeping positions and increasing the prestige of the country, and also confirm the image of St. Petersburg as a cultural capital.
Conference-hall “Saint-Petersburg”, Pirogovskaya emb. 5/2
The Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, Moika emb., 48, entrance through Kazanskaya st., 3/4
Konstantinovsky Palace, GC "Palace of Congresses", Strelna, Beryezovaya alley, 3
The Congress is organized by Saint – Petersburg Section of CID at UNESCO (CID at UNESCO – International Dance Council, UNESCO, Paris) with the assistance of The Herzen State Pedagogical University of Russia, the Fund for the Preservation and Development of the Classical Ballet named after Oleg Vinogradov.