On June 27, 1914 the construction of Benois Wing of the Russian Museum began
The Benois Wing became a part of Mikhaylovsky Palace. The building was projected by architects Leon Benois and Sergey Ovsyannikov in 1910—1912. At first it was called Palace of Arts and hosted different exhibitions of art associations and unions. Now the halls of Benois Wing hold modern art installations and temporary exhibitions.
- Address: St. Petersburg, ul. Inzhenernaya, 4