The rating of the best May festive events is made by Turstat analytical agency, according to the analysis of their tourist attractiveness and uniqueness.
The Ice Breaker Festival headed the list in Saint Petersburg. The Fifth Festival of Icebreakers will be held in St. Petersburg on April 29-30, 2018. From Naberezhnaya Leitenanta Schmidta (Lieutenant Schmidt Embankment) and Angliyskaya Naberezhnaya (English Embankment) all the visitors will be able to watch the parade of such Ice Breakers as: "Nevskaya Zastava", "Mudyug", "Ivan Kruzenstern", "Saint Petersburg", "Novorossiysk" and "Krasin", which is a branch of the Museum of the World Ocean in St. Petersburg.
A "Waltz of Tugboats" will take place in the Neva river area within the framework of this festival. The program of the festival includes performances of the "Fair Junior" folk show, U & I band and Feel'armonia music group, as well as #followme flashmob. The event is organized by the Committee for Tourism Development of Saint Petersburg.
Russian May festivals rating:
1. V Ice Breaker Festival in Saint Petersburg;
2. Big Fish 2018 food festival in Svetlogorsk (Kaliningrad region);
3. "Goose Day" Ecological festival in Kologriv (Kostroma Region);
4. GastroFestival "Chak-tea" in Bolgar (Tatarstan);
5. "The first groove" holiday at the Shakhmatovo estate (Moscow region);
6. Festival of Tulips near Novouzensk (Saratov region);
7. Festival "Amur Albazino" in Blagoveshchensk (Amur region);
8. Peon Festival "Vorontsovy Krai" in Victoropol (Belgorod Region);
9. Elbrus Race 2018 in Terskol (Kabardino-Balkaria);