The Ice Breaker Festival headed the list in Saint Petersburg. The Fifth Festival of Icebreakers will be held in St. Petersburg on April 29-30, 2018. From Naberezhnaya Leitenanta Schmidta (Lieutenant Schmidt Embankment) and Angliyskaya Naberezhnaya (English Embankment) all the visitors will be able to watch the parade of such Ice Breakers as: "Nevskaya Zastava", "Mudyug", "Ivan Kruzenstern", "Saint Petersburg", "Novorossiysk" and "Krasin", which is a branch of the Museum of the World Ocean in St. Petersburg.
A "Waltz of Tugboats" will take place in the Neva river area within the framework of this festival. The program of the festival includes performances of the "Fair Junior" folk show, U & I band and Feel'armonia music group, as well as #followme flashmob. The event is organized by the Committee for Tourism Development of Saint Petersburg.
Russian May festivals rating:
1. V Ice Breaker Festival in Saint Petersburg;
2. Big Fish 2018 food festival in Svetlogorsk (Kaliningrad region);
3. "Goose Day" Ecological festival in Kologriv (Kostroma Region);
4. GastroFestival "Chak-tea" in Bolgar (Tatarstan);
5. "The first groove" holiday at the Shakhmatovo estate (Moscow region);
6. Festival of Tulips near Novouzensk (Saratov region);
7. Festival "Amur Albazino" in Blagoveshchensk (Amur region);
8. Peon Festival "Vorontsovy Krai" in Victoropol (Belgorod Region);
9. Elbrus Race 2018 in Terskol (Kabardino-Balkaria);
10. 2018 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix in Baku.