A wooden summer cottage in the town of Lisiy Nos becomes a cultural monument
16 April 2020
The order was signed by the chairman of the Committee on state control, use and protection of historical and cultural monuments Sergey Makarov. “Wooden Residential Building” (Lysy Nos, Primorskoye Shosse, 62, lit. A) acquired the status of a cultural monument.
In the mid-1900s, Stenbock-Fermors divided their vast estates around Lakhta into separate plots and leased them out for development. By 1907, the villages of Olgino, Aleksandrovskaya, Vladimirovka appeared. These names were given in honor of the members of the Stenbock-Fermor family. The villages had a similar layout of streets intersecting at right angles, it remains to this day. Vladimirovka village was the core of the modern town of Lisiy Nos. The "Country Landscaping Society in the village of Vladimirovka at the Razdelnaya railway station" was created. The society was involved in the design of country houses.
Along with other settlements located on the northern shore of the Gulf of Finland, Vladimirovka became a popular summer vacation destination. In 1911, a summer theater appeared here, and in 1913-1917 a wooden church of St. Prince Vladimir was built (now an object of cultural heritage of regional significance "Church of the Holy Equal-to-the-Apostles Prince Vladimir").
Most likely, the summer cottage on Primorskoye Shosse, 62 can be attributed to the second half of the 1900s. It is a freestanding wooden two-story building, without a basement, with a veranda, an annex and a mezzanine overlooking the Primorskoye Shosse.
The external walls have plank cladding, carved platbands and an ornamented cornice. The entrance is decorated with a wooden canopy on faceted columns. Historic window and door frames have been preserved as well. The building is a vivid example of the pre-revolutionary suburban housing development of the village of Vladimirovka (presently Lisy Nos). The massing of the building and its decorative design are of interest. A high degree of preservation is confirmed by historical iconography (photograph 1912-1913). Currently the building is up for auction.
Photo: Press Service of the Committee on state control, use and protection of historical and cultural monuments.