The 7th Icebreaker Festival is to hold in St. Petersburg on 19th and 20th of September
10 September 2020
On September 19 and 20, a unique event - the VII Icebreaker Festival - will take place in the Northern capital. The icebreakers St. Petersburg, Captain Zarubin and Captain Sorokin, as well as the ice-class tugboat Nevskaya Zastava and a legendary museum icebreaker named Krasin (a branch of the St. Petersburg Museum of the World Ocean) will be available for visitors on the Lieutenant Schmidt embankment and on the Angliyskaya embankment. The culmination of the festival will be an unforgettable waltz of tugboats in the water area of the Neva River.
The VII Icebreaker Festival is intended to show the audience the nuclear icebreaker fleet, which ensures the implementation of the present strategic task of the whole country which is the reclamation, development and use of the potential of the Arctic regions of Russia.
During the festival, for two days the famous icebreakers St. Petersburg, Captain Zarubin and Captain Sorokin, as well as the ice-class tugboat Nevskaya Zastava and the legend of the exploration of the Arctic Ocean - the Krasin Museum will be located in the water area of the Neva River and will open their decks, cabins and engine rooms to the public.
This year the Icebreaker Festival for the first time in history will have its own mascot - "Ledokolya". It will be presented as a life size puppet and presented to guests during the event. Embodied in the new character, the city event will acquire a special status and will become a brand of event tourism in St. Petersburg. This was stated by the chairman of the Committee for Tourism Development Sergey Korneev: “The festival provides a unique opportunity to get in touch with ice warriors, to realize the greatness of the history of our country and the power of domestic shipbuilding. Every year more and more tourists come to watch the parade of icebreakers and the unforgettable waltz of tugs. The interest in the event is high this year as well. This year, for the first time, we will demonstrate the unique festival mascot, Ledokolya, which will certainly decorate our holiday and make the festival a brand of event tourism in the Northern capital."
The opening ceremony will take place on September 19, 2020 at 12:00.
In addition to excursions to the icebreakers, concert and exhibition programs will be organized for the guests of the Festival. The schedule includes master classes, lectures and film screenings. Shipyards and design bureaus, maritime and naval universities, Arctic and northern maritime regions, specialized museums and libraries, tourism industry enterprises, public, youth, veteran and environmental organizations also take part in the festival.
The culmination of the first day of the Festival will be a tugboat waltz. The water area of the Neva River will turn into a real stage where the audience will see a unique dance of self-propelled vessels, which has already become the hallmark of the event.
The Icebreaker Festival will end its work on September 20 with an enchanting show based on the work of the writer Alexander Grin - "Running on the waves". An amazingly gentle heroine from the legend of the Running on the Waves - a beautiful girl who appears to sailors and travelers, this evening will carry a torch to the main stage of the holiday. This moment will mark the fact that, against all the odds, there will always be calm after the storm.
The online broadcast will take place on the website of the Information & Analytical Agency PortNews.
According to RosPotrebNadzor recommendations, the VII Icebreaker Festival will be held in compliance with the necessary safety measures in order to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection (COVID-19).
Admission to all the events and all operating icebreakers is free. For safety reasons, children under 6 years old are not allowed, as well as visiting in high-heeled shoes.
Organizer: Committee for Tourism Development with the support of the Government of St. Petersburg and the Maritime Council under the Government of St. Petersburg.
ICEBREAKER FESTIVAL PROGRAM 2020
Date: September 19-20, 2020
Venue: nab. Leitenanta Shmidta from the 14th line to the 21st line of Vasilievsky Island
11:00 - Ceremonial formation of captains in the museum-icebreaker "Krasin"(September 19); 12:00 - Opening of the Icebreaker Festival on the main stage (September 19);
12:00-20:00 - Program for the main stage "Arctic Fest":
• Performances of the best cover bands of St. Petersburg(Street-band, Eiza-cover band, Benedict cover band, Black Fox, The Kitchers, NevaDA)
• Performances of famous dance ensembles and ballet("White Nights", ensemble of I.O. Dunaevsky, "Forte", "Nevskie Zori", "Jagger")
• Artists of the original genre: gymnasts, acrobats, stuntmen
• Performances of the peoples of the north("Northern Lights")
• Bright DJ Pechkin
• Fascinating vocalists(Denis Yakovlev, Grigory Turkin, Sofia Feskova studio Libercanto, "Free Voice")
• Violin show "Armonia"
• Beatbox from the winner of online beatbox battles Maks Malkov
• The festival headliners are the artists of the Leningrad Center, participants in the Film Festival BRICS-2016, the FIFA-2017 Confederations Cup, New Wave-2018 - ETNOZAPIL GROUP
12:00-18:00 - Program for the second stage "Sever Fest":
• Interactive program from the host
• Performances of vocal groups from St. Petersburg and Leningrad region("Barhat", "Con brio", "Krinitsa", art group "Avocado")
• Solo-block from the rap artist, the participant of the Scarlet Sails-2019 - Maiman
• Master class on sea ballroom dancing(Project Culture of the Holiday)
• Dance groups of St. Petersburg and Leningrad region("Diamonds", "Party dance")
12:00-18:00 - Program for the third stage "Siyanie Fest":
• Interactive program and quizzes from the host
• Performances of children's vocal and dance groups of the city("Hitryushki", "Golosyata", Art-media kids, song and dance ensemble the I.O. Dunaevsky, "Nevskie Zori")
• Performances of the the original genre artists
12:00-20:00 - Movie screening of "St. Petersburg. Road to the Arctic":
Movie screening of movies from:
• International Festival of Marine and Adventure Movies "Sea calls!"
• "Baltic Plant"
• "Vyborg Shipyard"
13:00-18:00 - Lecture hall at the museum-icebreaker "Krasin":
Participants of the lecture hall - scientific workers of the museum-icebreaker "Krasin"
17:30-18:00 - Waltz of tug boats in the Neva water area with video broadcast on the main stage (September 19)
12:00-20:00 - Exhibition "Sea Trips"
Open expositions on nab. Leitenanta Shmidta and in two pavilions, in which the most interesting exhibits from the main maritime institutions of St. Petersburg are presented:
• Military training and scientific center of the Navy "Naval Academy named after Admiral of the Fleet of the Soviet Union N.G. Kuznetsov
• Representative office of the Oranienbaum International Maritime Festival, Regional public organization Sports Club "Oranienbaum Society of Sailing enthusiasts"
• Information Center of Atomic Energy
• "Baltic Plant"
• "Vyborg Shipyard"
• Representative office of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug in St. Petersburg
• Siberian Community of St. Petersburg
• Publishing and printing complex "Gangut"
12:00-20:00 - Master classes "Northern Hands":
• Crafts from fur
• Sports of the peoples of the north
• Rocking the deer
• Northern painting
• Dolls of the Arctic
12:00-20:00 - game "Midshipmen, let's go!"
The quest is held in the pavilion. Organizers:
• Scale model museum «Petrovskaya Akvatoria»
• Admiral Makarov State University Of Maritime And Inland Shipping
• "Marine Technical College named after Admiral D. N. Senyavin"
• Marine Federal Resource Center for Additional Education of Children ("Ship boys of Russia")
•Russian Maritime Register Of Shipping
• Information Center for Atomic Energy in St. Petersburg
• Mamatov Publishing House
• Russian Creative Union Of Cultural Workers
12:00-20:00 - FREE ACCESS TO ICEBREAKERS:
• Age limit 6+
• Access to icebreakers in comfortable shoes without high heels