On January 22, in the bighall of the Catherine Assembly, the Badkhen Variety Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Andrei Medvedev will present a concert dedicated to the 100thanniversary of the birth of the outstanding composer Arno Babajanyan.
Arno Arutyunovich is the author of many pop and academic works, including several musicals. As a pianist, in his work, he undoubtedly paid great attention to piano compositions, but Arno Babajanyan won the greatest recognition as a songwriter. Especially successful were his creative tandems with famous poets: Yevgeny Yevtushenko, Robert Rozhdestvensky, Andrei Voznesensky, Leonid Derbenyov.
Arno Babajanyan's songs performed by the leading masters of the national variety art: Muslim Magomayev, Iosif Kobzon, Renat Ibragimov, Sofia Rotaru, ZhanTatlyan, Vadim Mulerman, Anna German and others. Arno Babajanyan's songs are an important part of the golden era of Russian pop music, like no other he knew how to combine pathos and humor, richness of arrangement and vivid melodism that remain in memory for a long time.
The concert program of the Badchen Variety Symphony Orchestra includes both the most famous hits and the less performed works of the composer. There will sound not only "Queen of Beauty", "Give me back the music", "The best city in the world", "Ferris wheel", "Wedding", "Nocturne" but also "Blue Taiga", "Letter", "Mimosa is spinning his head", "Remembrance" and "Vocalise". The concert is attended by soloists of the Petersburg-Concert, laureates of international competitions: Yana Leontyeva, Sergei Zykov, Ivan Besedin, Nela Gafiyatullina, Natalia Sorokina, Pyotr Zakharov, Vitaly Psarev and Andrei Svyatsky.
Participants and performers:
- Variety Symphony Orchestra named after A.S. Badchen
- artistic director and chief conductor - Andrey Medvedev
- Honored Artist of Russia Ivan Besedin
- Honored Artist of Russia Vitaly Psarev
- laureate of international competitions Nelya Gafiyatullina
- "Miss Romance of St. Petersburg", laureate of international competitions Natalia Sorokina
- winner of the show "Voice", laureate of international competitions Peter Zakharov
- laureate of international competitions Sergey Zykov
- laureate of the international competition Andrey Svyatsky
- the concert is hosted by YanaLeontyeva