Baltic Cruise

Excursion and entertainment trip along the Neva and the Gulf of Finland around Vasilevsky Island accompanied by audio excursions in Russian and English languages and background music. A children's room is on board. The boat makes a stop on a pier Sevcable Port.

Educative and entertaining journey through Neva river and the Gulf of Finland around Vasilievskiy island accompanied with audio excursion in Russian and in English and background music.

Grand Neva river aquatorium

In the spacious aquatorium of Grand Neva you will witness stunning views at the main sights of Saint Petersburg: spectacular Peter and Paul fortress, Winter palace, Admiralty building, Marble palace, Old Stock Exchange and Rostral Columns. The cruiser will take you below Palace and Tuchkov bridges and into Malaya Neva.

Malaya Neva

You will see the city from its “sea-side”. You will meet numerous cruisers, yachts, docks, yaht-clubs for the life of Petersburg and its citizens is intricately connected to the sea. You will see Zenith-Arena stadium on Krestovskiy island and cable bridge, which gracefully connects the parts of the city.

Around Vasilievskiy through the Gulf of Finland

The seaside sights of Finnish gulf is a renowned landmark, you will gaze upon the tallest tower of Saint Petersburg – Gazprom building and Public port with spectacular cruise liners. You will see Kronschtadt further on.

Stop Sevcable Port

On the route the boat stops on the pier of the creative space Sevcable Port, on the pier you can get off and continue your rest there.

Attention! The second pass to the boat is not included in the ticket price, the return transfer is purchased separately in the program "Port - City".

And Big Neva again

On your way back, having escaped Finnish gulf and having passed one more cable bridge, the cruiser will sail back to Big Neva, where you will see memorial icebreaker “Krasin”, Arts Academy, Senate and Synods building, Bronze Horseman, Menshikov’s palace.

A children's room is on board. To listen to the excursion in English, please ask the crewman for individual audioguide.


  

  • community recreation and cultural centre 1 ,
  • monuments 1 ,
  • sea and river ports 1 ,
  • museums 1 ,
  • points of interest 2 ,
  • berths 3 ,
  • arenas 1 ,
  • aquaparks 1
Saint Isaac's Cathedral

Saint Isaac's Cathedral

Saint Petersburg, Isaakiyevskaya ploshchad, 4

The largest Russian Orthodox cathedral in the city

Saint Isaac's Cathedral or Isaakievskiy Sobor in Saint Petersburg is the largest orthodox chuch and the fourth largest cathedral in the world. It is dedicated to Saint Isaac of Dalmatia, a patron saint of Peter the Great, who had been born on the feast day of that saint.

The church on St Isaac's Square was ordered by Tsar Alexander I, to replace an earlier Rinaldiesque structure, and was the fourth consecutive church standing at this place.

The neoclassical exterior expresses the traditional Russian-Byzantine formula of a Greek-cross ground plan with a large central dome and four subsidiary domes. It is similar to Andrea Palladio's Villa La Rotonda, with a full dome on a high drum substituted for the Villa's low central saucer dome. The design of the cathedral in general and the dome in particular later influenced the design of the Lutheran Cathedral in Helsinki.

The exterior is faced with gray and pink stone, and features a total of 112 red granite columns with Corinthian capitals, each hewn and erected as a single block: 48 at ground level, 24 on the rotunda of the uppermost dome, 8 on each of four side domes, and 2 framing each of four windows. The rotunda is encircled by a walkway accessible to tourists. 24 statues stand on the roof, and another 24 on top of the rotunda.

The cathedral's main dome rises 101.5 metres (333 ft) and is plated with pure gold. The dome is decorated with twelve statues of angels by Josef Hermann. These angels were likely the first large sculptures produced by the then novel process of electrotyping, which was an alternative to traditional bronze casting of sculptures. Montferrand's design of the dome is based on a supporting cast iron structure. It was the third historical instance of cast iron cupola after the Leaning Tower of Nevyansk (1732) and Mainz Cathedral (1826).

1
Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

Old Saint Petersburg Stock Exchange

The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The main building in the architectural complex of The Spit of Vasilyevsky Island

The building, which is situated at Birzhevaya Ploschad 4, is a significant example of the Greek Revival architecture. Designed by French architect Thomas de Thomon and inspired by the Greek Temple of Hera at Paestum, the stock exchange was constructed between 1805 and 1810. It was built for the St. Petersburg Stock Exchange, but was subsequently used for a different purpose. As of 2011 the building houses the exposition of the Central Naval Museum.

The Old Stock Exchange is sited to fill the majestic sweep of the Spit (in Russian Strelka) of Vasilievsky Island, just opposite the Winter Palace. Thomon's design called for a peristyle of forty four Doric columns resting upon a massive stylobate of red granite and supporting an entablature of triglyphs and slotted metopes. A monumental sculptural group similar in form to aquadriga featuring Neptune, and symbolizing maritime commerce, is mounted above the portico. Both inside and outside the Bourse, a motif of the semicircle is recurrent. The interior features a large colonnaded trading hall, now divided into eight exhibition halls. The central rooms are illuminated by an oblong skylight. The surrounding ceiling features double-sunk coffers.

4
St.Petersburg Academy of Science

St.Petersburg Academy of Science

St. Petersburg, Universitetskaya nab., 5

The building of the Academy is a monument of strict classicism.

Russian Academy of Sciences was created according to the plan of Peter I, who understood the importance of scientific thought, education and culture for the prosperity of the country. Caring about the correspondence of the Academy's activities to the world level, Peter I invited leading foreign scientists to work for the new institution. Among the first were mathematicians Nikolai and Daniil Bernoulli, Christian Goldbach, physicist Georg Bülfinger, astronomer and geographer Joseph Delil, historian G.F. Miller. In 1727, Leonard Euler became a member of the Academy.

The building of the Academy, which we see today, was erected under Catherine II, who considered herself the successor of the affairs of Peter. The site west of the Kunstkamera was transferred to the Academy of Sciences in 1783. Construction under the supervision of architect G. Quarenghi was completed by 1787. The length of the facade of the building is 100.97 meters, the center is highlighted by a powerful portico of eight ionic columns and external granite stairs. The Academy building has become a symbol of the classical style in the architecture of St. Petersburg and one of the best creations of Quarenghi.

The internal arrangement of the Academy of Sciences building was completed only by the centennial of this scientific institution, by 1824. By this time, a conference hall, rooms of the committee of the board, a physical office, apartments of academicians and employees of the academy, a newspaper expedition (a post office department that distributes newspapers) and other services were located here.

One way or another, the activity of almost all outstanding Russian scientists from the 18th to the first quarter of the 20th century was connected with Saint Petersburg Academy of Sciences. Among them are mathematicians P. L. Chebyshev, M. V. Ostrogradsky and A. N. Krylov, chemist A. M. Butlerov, physiologist I. P. Pavlov, geologist A. P. Karpinsky, natural scientist V. I. Vernadsky. The small conference hall of the Academy of Sciences building is associated with the activities of V.I. Lenin. Here, in the spring and autumn sessions of 1891, he took exams at the law faculty of St. Petersburg University.

In 1826, the development plan for the quarter behind the building on the embankment was approved. Here, by 1831, the museum wing of the Academy of Sciences was built (Birzhevoy passage, house No. 2). In 1828, the Physics Office had been transferred from the Kunstkamera to the Academy of Sciences, which was transformed into a Physics Laboratory at the beginning of the 20th century. On the basis of this laboratory, the Mathematics Office and the Seismic Commission, the Physics and Mathematics Institute was formed in 1921.

There have been some changes in the appearance of the building of the Academy of Sciences throughout its existence. In 1881, a wooden fence made on the basis of Quarenghi's drawing between the columns of the portico and on the descents of the main staircase was replaced by a metal grate.

In preparation for the celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Academy of Sciences in 1925, the mosaic painting "Poltava Battle", created by Mikhail Lomonosov in 1764, was placed on the upper platform of the main staircase. In 1934, the Presidium of the USSR Academy of Sciences was transferred to Moscow, leaving the archive, library and Leningrad Scientific Center of the USSR Research Institute in the old building. In the 1930s, the N. Y. Marr Institute of Language and Thinking worked in the building on the banks of the Neva and the apartment of the mathematician and shipbuilder A.N. Krylov was located here from 1937 to 1945.

For a long time in the building housed the Administrative Department of Leningrad institutions of the USSR Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Theoretical Astronomy worked in the Museum wing in the 1950s and 1960s. A marble plaque is mounted on the basement of the building, showing the rise of the water level in the Neva during the 1924 flood.

Currently, the building of the Academy of Sciences houses the St. Petersburg Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences.

5
Berth «Bronze Horseman»

Berth «Bronze Horseman»

St. Petersburg, Admiralteyskaya embankment

Situated near cultural and leisure sights of St.Petersburg such as Palace square, Building of the Main Admiralty, Bronze Horseman etc.

None
6
The Rostral Columns

The Rostral Columns

St. Petersburg, Vasilievsky Ostrov, Birzhevaya Ploschad

In the 18th century the columns fulfiled the role of lighthouses

The first two rostrum columns, Chesmenskaya and Moreiskaya, were built in the 1770s at Tsarskoe Selo (near Pushkin) in memory of the victories of the Russian fleet (see Russian Naval Memorials). In St. Petersburg there are two rostral columns erected from granite and pudost stone in 1805-10 (architect Jean-Francois Thomas de Thomon) on the spit of Vasilyevsky Island (see also Stock Market Square). From the very start they served as beacons for the trading port. Inside the rostral columns are spiral staircases, leading to the squares are chalice shaped lamps on tripods (since 1957 the gas beacons of the columns have been lit for celebrations). At the pedestal of the columns are sculptures (the craftsman S. Sukhanov, the sculptors J. Camberlain and J. Thibaud), they are traditionally considered allegories for the Volga and Dnepr rivers (the northern column), the Neva and Volkhov (the southern column). In 1999-2000, they were restored.

7
The stadium "Gazprom Arena"

The stadium "Gazprom Arena"

Saint Petersburg, Football alley, 1

On the spot of Kirov Stadium, where Zenit used to play, now there is a new modern arena designed by a Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa (1934-2007)

The stadium is promised to be one of the most technologically advanced and perfect sports edifices in Europe.

The stadium will host matches of the 2018 FIFA World Cup, including semi-final games. The total capacity of the stadium amounts to 69 501 visitors.

8
Passenger port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Facade"

Passenger port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Facade"

St.Petersburg, ul. Bereg Nevskoi Guby, 1

“Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade” is the first and only specialized passenger port in the North-West of Russia and also the largest one in the Baltic region. The Port is located on the reclaimed territories of Vasilievsky Island. 

The port complex includes seven berths with a total length of 2,171.06 meters, three cruise terminals and one combined cruise-ferry terminal. Passenger port of Saint Petersburg can receive cruise ships of up to 340 meters in length.

Construction of a new port in Nevskaya Guba began in 2005, and already in September 2008 the Port received its first ship with passengers on board. "Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade" PLC is the only marine terminal operator at the Port. 

Passenger Port of Saint Petersburg "Marine Façade" PLC is an active participant of the global cruise market and appears regularly at international cruise industry events and exhibitions. The Port is a member of Association of Commercial Seaports, CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association), Cruise Industry Members Association, Cruise Europe, Association of Marine Tourism Enterprises.

How to get:

You can get to the nearest metro station – “Primorskaya” (“Приморская”) by bus No. 158. The bus ride takes about 15 minutes.
You can also drive or walk to “Primorskaya” metro station. The walk should take about 30 minutes.

See the ships schedule

 

9
Sevcable Port

Sevcable Port

St. Petersburg, Kozhevennaya line, 40 V.O.

"Sevkabel Port" is a new project aimed at renovation of old facilities and historic buildings and turning them into a modern multifunctional creative space at the waterfront.

Our purpose is to create high-quality urban settings and improve living standards at the harbor of Vasilevskiy Island. We tried to preserve and restore monuments of industrial architecture, because we value historical artifacts and want to emphasize the "memory of the place."

Main point of attraction is the promenade with beautiful views of Golf of Finland, Marine Station and ZSD bridge. The project based on the historical territory of the factory on the coast of the Gulf of Finland.

Residents of Sevkabel Port share the main idea of the project about creating a harmonious and balanced community for the creative and business initiatives development that change the city for the better. There are workshops, offices, exhibitions, concert and sports halls, children’s studios, shops and showrooms, restaurants, cafés and bars.

The first event in the Port area took place a month after the renovation began, in June 2017. Prior to the official launch of the project in September 2018, Sevkabel Port hosted several dozen private and public events, including major international festivals. The number of events and the attention to the project increased exponentially with the opening of the territory for free daily visits.

The infrastructure of Sevkabel Port is designed for people of any age. The main attraction point is the embankment with a beautiful and still inaccessible view of the great water, the Western Rapid Diameter Bridge and the Harbour Station. This place quickly became one of Petersburg’s favourite resting places for residents and guests.

 

10
Piterland water park

Piterland water park

Saint Petersburg, Primorskiy prospect, 72

One of the biggest indoor water parks in Europe

Piterland is the biggest water park in Russia, and one of the biggest in Europe, opened in January 2012. This park is open all year round, so it is a great attraction even during the cold months, as it is covered by an enormous dome. Piterland has a whole lot of slides, a diving pool, a wave pool, pools for kids, many sauna and steam rooms and even a spa. Inside there is a bar and a restaurant. Prices vary for adolescent and adult fares depending on the day of the week and the time of the day. It is also possible to pay for a mini photoshoot in the pool.

There is also a 4-story mall, including a cinema with a 7D cinema room.

The entrance is free for kids under 4.

11

Useful information

Dates: 12 May - 15 September 

Tel:
 +7 (812) 2400518

e-mail: info@boattour.ru

https://boattour.ru/ru/catalog/baltijskie-prostory