Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ingria. Parish of Teriioki
The Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord of the Evangelical Lutheran Parish has been miraculously preserved to present days. This church shared the fate of a great number of churches of the Orthodox, Catholic and Lutheran confessions. After 1940 it served the Soviet authorities as a cinema. After 1940, the church served as a cinema. The bell tower was demolished, and for a man unfamiliar with church architecture, there was nothing to indicate that the cinema had once been the House of God, the Church. In the 1990s, the Church was returned to people of faith. It was restored in almost all its former glory.
Everyone can now enter the temple and, with a candle, turn their heart in prayer to the Lord.
The Evangelical Lutheran Parish of Terijoki is a part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ingria. The Church of Ingria is in many ways an heiress to the Scandinavian Reformation, so that the Episcopal system of government as well as many traditions and rites of the ancient Church have been preserved.