The cross was erected in Victory Park by members of the Orthodox community in 1996, at the beginning of the struggle for the construction of an Orthodox church in the Park
The tradition of installing commemorative crosses goes in Russia from the depths of centuries. His appearance in Victory Park is highly meaningful. By decision of the leadership of Leningrad, adopted back in 1946, nothing reminded of burials in the Park. But in our time, we again returned to the moral necessity to honor the memory of the dead with memorial signs on their graves. This sign became this worship cross.
It was consecrated on June 22 in memory of all those whose bodies were burned in the furnaces of a brick factory. The cross was carried over and is now located at approximately the place where the trolleys with ashes left the factory building.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Moscow Victory Park