The Düsseldorf Symphony Orchestra (Das Orchester der Landesregierung Düsseldorf) soon will come to Saint Petersburg! In 2018 the Orchestra celebrates its 70th anniversary and arrives in Saint Petersburg for the first time in its history. There the Orchestra will give a concert on 1 April 2018 at the “U Finlyandskogo” Concert Hall
“From a group of musicians to a distinguished symphony orchestra” that is how we could describe one of the most famous German symphony ensembles. The Düsseldorf State Symphony Orchestra (Germany), which is an official orchestra of North Rhine-Westphalia, was founded in 1948 upon an initiative of the then Head of the Region Chancellery Hermann Wandersleb.
The orchestra is conducted by the gifted Christian Ludwig, whose emotional manner of conducting is sure to leave a lasting impression on everyone in attendance.
This youthful and energetic conductor, director and principal performer is regarded as one of the outstanding artists of Germany. As a soloist Mr. Christian Ludwig has been performing with the German Radio Philharmonic Orchestra Saarbrücken Kaiserslautern, the Berlin Symphony Orchestra, the Beijing Radio Symphony Orchestra and the Franz Liszt Chamber Orchestra in Budapest.
The high level of the Orchestra’s and conductor’s mastery earned favor of audiences and critics alike. The Orchestra repertoire consists not only of classical masterpieces and operas, but also of popular music pieces.
At the concert in Saint Petersburg the Orchestra will play soundtracks from Pirates of the Caribbean, Lawrence of Arabia, The Magnificent Seven, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Lord of the Rings, and other soundtracks by George Gershwin, Alfred Newman, Elmer Bernstein, Maurice Jarre, John Williams, Hans Zimmer, etc.
Apart from soundtracks the Orchestra will perform Russian classical music – masterpieces by Pyotr Tchaikovsky, Dmitri Shostakovich, Aram Khachaturian.
The concert programme:
Music from Hollywood movies:
- Star Wars (John Williams)
- Lawrence of Arabia (Maurice Jarre)
- The Magnificent Seven (Elmer Bernstein)
- Pirates of the Caribbean (Klaus Badelt)
- The Raiders March from Indiana Jones (John Williams)
- Jupiter from The Planets (Gustav Holst)
- The Lord of the Rings (Howard Leslie Shore)
Pieces of Russian music:
- 4 pieces from The Nutcracker (Pyotr Tchaikovsky)
- Waltz No. 2 (Dmitri Shostakovich)
- Adagio from Spartacus (Aram Khachaturian)
Tickets can be purchased at the “U Finlyandskogo” Concert Hall ticket offices
Ticket cost — 100-200 rubles
Duration time — 2 hours
- Address: Saint Petersburg, Arsenalnaya nab., 13/1
- Phone Number: +7 (812) 542-09-44
- Site: http://www.finzal.ru/event/24756-The_Sound_of_Hollywood
- Email: email@example.com