A memorial to those whose ashes were burned in a brick factory kiln during the war
The construction of the Alley of Memory began with the installation in 2003 of a commemorative sign in the form of a cube dedicated to the war graves in the Park. A memorial plaque with the text of secret decision No. 157 of March 7, 1942 “On the organization of burning corpses at the 1st brick factory“ Lengorpromstroma ”” was installed on the cube.
The alley of memory, opened on January 27, 2004, begins from the cube. Ribbons from the medal “Resident of the besieged Leningrad” are tied to trees along it in memory of the fact that those who broke the Park in 1945 tied ribbons with the names of their deceased loved ones to the branches and trunks of seedlings.
In 1996, there was official recognition of the territory on which the Brick Factory was located, as a memorial zone. In 2005, after the discovery of documents confirming the cremation of the soldiers who died in the hospitals of the city, the mass grave in the park was registered as military burial No. 107. The memory alley is a visible embodiment of this grave.
- Address: St. Petersburg, Moscow Victory Park